Welcome to the Ohio Statistical Analysis Center
The Ohio Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) supports OCJS’s mission to serve as the lead justice planning agency for the state of Ohio by:
- Collecting, analyzing, and distributing criminal justice data.
- Conducting research, evaluation, and policy analysis.
- Handling data requests received by OCJS.
- Serving as subject matter experts for federal grants administered through OCJS.
- Participating in statewide public safety groups.
The Ohio SAC is part of a larger group of 51 SACs located in government organizations, universities, and non-profit agencies throughout the U.S. and its territories.
These SACs are supported by the Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA), which is a national nonprofit organization of SAC directors, researchers, and practitioners. JRSA conducts and publishes policy-relevant research on justice issues, provides training and technical assistance, and maintains a clearinghouse of state criminal justice activities.
The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) also supports SACs with financial assistance through the State Justice Statistics Program.
Access resources using the links on this page.
Lisa Shoaf, Program Director
or call: (614) 466-5997