Grants Monitoring & Fiscal Compliance
The OCJS division of Grant Monitoring and Fiscal Compliance monitors grant awards for compliance with applicable federal and state statutes, regulations, and grant requirements; uniform administrative requirements, cost principles for federal and state grants, established program policies and procedures, and the Standard Federal Subgrant Conditions. Staff serve in a fiduciary capacity to manage and monitor compliance of one or more statewide criminal justice programs in the field, such as law enforcement and community crime prevention programs, survivor assistance programs, technology programs, and family violence prevention and services.
Optimum productivity, efficiency, and quality of agency operations and services is ensured by monitoring objectives through techniques including:
- Conducting risk assessments;
- Attending in-person visits to high and moderate risk grantees agencies;
- Ensuring fiscal accountability and integrity by reviewing reports, policies, timekeeping, contracts, financial reports and record keeping, allowability of expenditures, quarterly summary reports, problem identification, corrective solution development, and technical assistance;
- Evaluating of the financial impact of operations, systems, and services by reviewing claims processing and utilization review audits;
- Assisting grantees with alignment of federal statutes, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Facilitating quarterly technical assistance webinars.
Fiscal Compliance Reviews
Completing risk assessments, in conjunction with the grant application, creates a proactive system to ensure fiscal success of all grantees. It is an acknowledgement that some may need additional assistance to implement an effective project and remain in compliance with federal regulations. The assignment of risk can change throughout the grant period, depending on changing circumstances. The risk assessment should not be viewed as a pejorative or punitive system, but as a tool to create high quality programs. This risk assessment will indicate the urgency of an onsite visit or if a remote review would suffice.
Please contact the Fiscal Monitor that serves your region.
Ohio Office of Budget Management (OBM) Mileage Rates
Government Services Administration (GSA) Lodging Meal per Diem Rates
U.S. Dept. of Justice Grants (DOJ)