Family Violence or Interpersonal Violence (IPV) is any form of abuse, mistreatment, or neglect that a child or adult experiences from a family member, or from someone with whom they have an intimate relationship.
The Ohio Family Violence Prevention Center was established at OCJS in 1999. The Center serves as an information clearinghouse for public and private organizations providing assistance to victims.
The Ohio FVPC promotes awareness, intervention, and prevention of domestic violence and family violence-related issues in Ohio, and is actively involved in the following organizations:
- State of Ohio Barbara Warner Domestic Violence Workplace Policy Committee
- Interagency Victims Assistance Coordinating Committee
- Ohio Council on Victims Justice
- Ohio Victim Witness Association
- Sexual Assault Advisory Board of Ohio
- Ohio Attorney General’s Council on Elder Abuse
- Ohio Council to Advance Maternal Health
- Ohio DELTA Project (Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancements & Leadership Through Alliances)
- Ohio Linking Systems of Care for Ohio’s Children and Youth